Sep 28, 2007

Brit schoolgirl's balloon ends up in China!

London, Sept 27 (ANI): When four-year old Alice Maines released her balloon at her school fete on a rainy day in Manchester, UK, never in her wildest dreams did she imagine that it would end up being found by Xie Yufei in a park in Guangzhou, a sprawling metropolis 75 miles north of Hong Kong.
The balloon, that cost just one pound, was one of 100 that were launched in a balloon race at Alice's Flixton Junior School's annual summer fair.
Each one of the balloons carried a numbered ticket promising the finder a prize: a visit to Chester Zoo.
In the weeks that followed, balloons were posted back to the school, mostly from suburbs a few miles west of Manchester, although a couple made it to Liverpool.
Alice's balloon, gave everyone quite a start when a letter with a Chinese postmark and stamp arrived on September 5 at the headmaster's office.
According to the Daily Mail, the letter read: "I picked up this balloon when my friends and I were playing on August 25. I am in China, so I think it has travelled the furthest. Left is my picture. I am happy to pick it up."
26-year old Xie, who designs air conditioning units, revealed just how he had come across the balloon.
"We were playing basketball in a park. I saw it by the edge of the court. It was shrunk, and there was an address attached."
Shrunk though it was, the balloon had not burst - something that had meteorologists surprised.
The school is now sending Xie a parcel of letters and drawings from the pupils.

According to Alice,"I release a balloon,make with a friend!"
This reminds me of Adidas' advertisment-impossible is nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment