Aug 31, 2007

Use custom domain on Tumblr

Today I strat to use my own domain on Tumblr.The new domain is http://www.xmupm.cn,of course,you can also visit http://vane.tumblr.com.
The domain was registered by Teacher Chen,a friend of mine met on blogger.In April this year,many domain-selling websites released a "one-yuan-domain" plan,Teacher Chen bought several domains and gave them to us blogger friends.So this domain is free for me:p
I used to use it on Blogger.com,however,the "Google Custom Domain" service was blocked in China,so I nearly forgot the existence of it.
Now I found Tumblr support custom domain,then I realized that I have a free domain.Why not use it?The operation is easy:
First,point the domain's A-record (IP address) to "72.32.231.8";
Second,wait until the change take effect.If the domain is set up properly, you should see the Tumblr home page when you visit your domain.
Third,log in to Tumblr and click "Change settings". Under the "URL" settings, check off "Use a custom domain name", and enter your custom domain (ie. "mywebsite.com"). Click "Save settings",and it's OK!
Then enjoy your tumblrlog with your own domain!

No comments:

Post a Comment